Dear Colleagues and Friends
This has been a busy week for everyone as we have had to come to terms with the escalating public Health concerns presented by the Covid -19 virus.
As I am sure you are aware, as a Country we moved from the Containment Phase to the Delay phase in the management of this virus.
In response to this, Camphill have worked closely together over the past week to implement all public health guidelines as well as developing emergency response plans for each Community.
Steps we have taken so far include:
- Single controlled access point to each Community
- Clear protocols on what to do in the event of a suspected case, etc
- Training on handwashing and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Stocking up on food within each Community
- Developing centralised management system for Personal Protective Equipment required for emergency situations
- Restrictions on travelling and tight procedures on return to Communities
- Developing Contingency plans for essential business activities such as
- invoicing and payroll
- Day Services – suspended on Monday 16th March to allow for a planning day so as to consider how we can reconfigure services to minimise the risks to all concerned
- Volunteering - Progressing requests for seeking volunteers in the event that we need additional assistance
- Progressing emergency plans within each community
I wish to acknowledge the excellent staff team which is supported by our Short Term Coworkers on their engagement and willingness to continue to support our Community members through this very difficult time.
A reminder to everyone:
- Practice good handwashing technique and wash hands at every opportunity
- Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and bin used tissue
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Practice social distancing – 2 meters apart
As the management of Covid- 19 Virus continues to evolve, different responses may be required of us. We will endeavour to provide regular updates to everyone and will use Facebook and our Website also.
Thank you to everyone for your support during this time and cooperation with all measures been taken to date.
Please do not hesitate to contact your PIC or line manager with any further queries,
Chief Executive Officer - CEO - Camphill Communities of Ireland